Table of Contents
- Minimum donation requirement: $100,000
- BARBUDA citizenship and passport
- Visa-free travel to 160 countries
- Access to EU Schengen Zone and UK.
|Currency||Eastern Caribbean dollar|
|Form of government||Parliamentary democracy and a Commonwealth realm|
|Economy||Tourism, agriculture, light manufacturing|
|Major exports||Machinery and transport equipment, food and live animals, chemicals|
|Time zone||AST (UTC-4)|
|National holiday||Independence Day (November 1)|
Antigua and Barbuda’s Citizenship by Investment Program was established in 2013 as a means for the government to attract foreign investment to the country, spur economic growth, and fund community projects and infrastructure. The program enables high net worth individuals and their families from around the world to obtain a second passport and increased global mobility.
Eligibility requirements of Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment
To obtain Antiguan citizenship through investment, applicants must meet several requirements, including:
- Make a minimum investment of $100,000 in the Antigua National Development Fund or invest $400,000 in a government approved real estate project.
- Meet due diligence requirements
- Include eligible family members (spouse, dependent children under 30, dependent parents over 55, unmarried siblings) in the application.
Investors have the option to choose between three investment routes:
- Antigua Citizenship by Donation – National Development Fund: The most cost-effective option with a minimum investment of $100,000 for a single applicant and $125,000 for families of 5, plus fees.
- Antigua Citizenship by Donation – The University of the West Indies Fund: A donation route open to larger families of six or more, starting at $150,000, plus fees.
- Antigua Citizenship by Real Estate Investment: A minimum investment of $400,000 in a government approved real estate project, held for a minimum of 5 years.
Processing time and benefits
Applications for Antigua’s Citizenship by Investment program typically take 3-4 months to process, with an average preparation time of 2-6 weeks for documentation. Naijadazz have reputable partners to assist throughout the application process, which can be completed remotely without the need for travel.
Once approved, investors will receive Antiguan citizenship and a passport, providing visa-free travel to over 160 countries, including the UK, EU Schengen zone, Hong Kong, and Switzerland. Antiguan passport holders also enjoy tax-free incentives for residency and the option to live, work, and study in Antigua and other CARICOM nations.
Essential requirements for a successful application of Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship program in Nigeria:
- Demonstrated virtuous character: Applicants must have a proven record of integrity and moral uprightness.
- Clear criminal record: A clean criminal history is a must, and any past offences could result in a refusal.
- No previous visa refusals: A history of visa refusals could make approval difficult.
- Complete Family Information: It’s critical to include information about the applicant’s entire family, including:
- Dependent parents (aged 55 years and above)
- Dependent children (up to the age of 30 years)
- Siblings (unmarried)
- No minimum residency requirement: There is no minimum stay requirement for this visa.
- No interview or language test: No interview or language test is required.
- Required Documentation: The following documents must be submitted with the application:
- Applicant ID
- Proof of funds
- Birth and marriage certificates
- Financial records (as required).
Benefits of Antigua and Barbuda passport to Nigerians
- Open to most nationalities
- No tax on foreign income
- Citizenship and passport can be obtained in 4 months (3 months for citizenship and 1 month for passport processing)
- Dual nationality allowed
- Duty-free trading in the Caribbean
- Instant travel to over 151 countries with Antigua passport
- Ideal for business owners looking for investment opportunities
- Dependent children of any age can obtain a passport
- Siblings of any age can obtain a passport
- Elderly parents above 55 can apply as dependents
- Outstanding lifestyle with a safe environment
- Visa-free list constantly expanding with added countries, including Schengen European countries, Latin America, North America, and Asia
- Easy to obtain visas when needed
In conclusion, obtaining a second passport through Antigua and Barbuda’s Citizenship by Investment Program provides investors with increased global mobility, security, and investment opportunities.
Interested in this program: