Table of Contents
I often wondered what makes some people’s teeth really white. Well, I learnt some people were born with perfect sets of teeth while some had to maintain it and even go the extra mile by doing more to ensure their teeth remained white.
I hear people say they have appointments with their dentist so they can whiten their teeth; I don’t really know the tools or substances they use but it is absolutely possible to make your teeth whiter than it looks by using natural methods.
It can be quite embarrassing sometimes when you smile and all people see are yellow stains or a set of teeth that do not look appealing.
Why not save yourself the social trauma by applying natural methods to make your teeth look nice.
Three reasons you should do this the natural way:
- The methods are simple, easy and natural
- It is a cheap way to have a perfectly white set of teeth. You do not need to spend so much buying the products you will need and you also do not need to visit a dentist to do it for you
- You can do it yourself right at home
Are you ready to know how this works? Okay, so here are the ways to naturally whiten your teeth.
To whiten your teeth, the natural way, here are steps to take:
Paste from the mixture of lemon and baking soda
Do you know how effective this can be on your teeth? This mixture combo is one sure natural way you can make those teeth of yours white.
What do these two contain?
Baking soda is alkaline in nature while lemon is acidic in nature so mixing them together creates a balance that enables them to function well together.
How to apply it:
To use baking soda and lemon juice, just put some quantities of baking soda on your toothbrush and squeeze some lemon juice also on your toothbrush and brush your teeth with it.
How frequently you should do this:
Do not use this too frequently. Doing it at least once in a week is OK.
This liquid when used can make your teeth white in a short while. This is because it contains a bleaching agent that works wonders on your set of teeth.
To apply it to your teeth:
- Use a cotton ball
- Soak it in the liquid and use it to clean your teeth
Do not allow it to stay too long in your mouth because it can affect your gums. Clean your teeth with it, and rinse off with water. Do this at least once or twice a week.
This, when used consistently, can give you the whiteness you are looking for in your teeth.
How to use it:
- Dip your wet toothbrush in the turmeric powder
- Brush your teeth with it
- Allow it stay on your teeth for about five minutes
- Rinse with water
- Brush your teeth with your normal toothpaste
- Rinse again very well
If you do this continuously, you will notice changes in your teeth. Aside from the fact that turmeric is perfect for removing stains on your teeth, it is highly medicinal.
Brush with Apple Cider Vinegar:
This liquid substance is one product you can apply on your teeth because it has acetic acid that helps get rid of plaques on teeth.
How to use it:
- Gargle your mouth with it for a few minutes
- Use your toothbrush and brush your teeth
- Rinse off
- Brush your teeth with your toothpaste
- Rinse off again
You should do this consistently for one month and I am sure you will notice changes in your teeth.
Strawberries with lemon:
This sounds funny, right? But it does work. What is required are a few strawberries, mash them well, add few drops of lemon to it and use it to brush your teeth.
This combination is good because strawberries have antioxidants that will help strengthen your teeth.
All of these natural methods are effective as you may have noticed that some of them can be combined with others for example,
Baking soda can either be mixed with hydrogen peroxide or with strawberry or with lemon juice.
Note that while using these methods:
- Ensure you do not use all of them at once
- Stick to one method and be consistent while using it
- Be patient as you may not see results immediately but with time, you will
- Do not be too aggressive when using any of the methods but mildly use them
I hope you enjoy these methods while whitening your teeth and wish you well in this teeth whitening journey!